cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mankins <>
Subject read latencies?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 00:20:58 GMT

I have a table with about 300k rows in it, and am doing a query that returns about 800 results.

select * from WHERE thread_key = 'fastcompany:3000619';

The read latencies seem really high (upwards of 500ms)? Or is this expected? Is this bad schema,
or…? What's the best way to trace the bottleneck, besides this tracing query:

Or, how would you interpret that?

I'm not sure that row caches are being used, despite them being turned on in the cassandra.yaml

I'm using a 3 node cluster on amazon, using datastax community edition, cassandra 2.0.1, in
the same EC2 availability zone.

Many thanks,

View raw message