cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Vegard Berget" <p...@fantasista.no>
Subject Re: How to store large columns?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:35:27 GMT

	Hi,

	You could split it into multiple columns on the client side:
RowKeyData: Part1: [1mb], Part2: [1mb], Part3: [1mb]...PartN[1mb]

	Now you can use multiple get() in parallell to get the files back and
then join them back to one file.

	I _think_ maybe the new CQL3-protocol does not have the same
limitation, but I have never tried large columns there, so someone
with more experience than me will have to confirm this.

	.vegard,
----- Original Message -----
From: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent:Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:16:40 -0200
Subject:How to store large columns?

We wish to store a column in a row with size larger than
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb. But, Thrift has a maximum frame
size configured by thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb in
cassandra.yaml.
so, How to store columns with size larger than
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb? Increasing this value does not
solve the problem, since we have columns with varying sizes.

--
Atenciosamente,
Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira

Links: