cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Inserting via thrift interface to column family created with Compound Key via cql3
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:03:20 GMT
Did you pack the composite correctly? This exception normally shows up when the composite bytes
are malformed

On Jan 30, 2013, at 7:45 AM, "Oleksandr Petrov" <oleksandr.petrov@gmail.com<mailto:oleksandr.petrov@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Yes, execute_cql3_query, exactly.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@barracuda.com<mailto:mkjellman@barracuda.com>>
wrote:
Are you using execute_cql3_query() ?

On Jan 30, 2013, at 7:31 AM, "Oleksandr Petrov" <oleksandr.petrov@gmail.com<mailto:oleksandr.petrov@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm creating a table via cql3 query like:
>
> CREATE TABLE posts (
>   userid text,
>   blog_name text,
>   entry_title text,
>   posted_at text,
>   PRIMARY KEY (userid, blog_name)
> )
>
> After that i'm trying to insert into same column family via thrift interface, and i'm
getting following exception: Not enough bytes to read value of component 0

>              Cassandra.java:20833 org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$batch_mutate_result.read
>            TServiceClient.java:78 org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase
>                Cassandra.java:964 org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_batch_mutate
>                Cassandra.java:950 org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.batch_mutate
>
> Thrift client doesn't even display that column family when running describe_keyspace.
>

> I may be missing something, and I realize that CQL3 is way to, but i'm still oblivious
of wether it's even possible to combine cql3 and thrift things.

--
alex p