cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Accessing Metadata of Column Familes
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 05:16:43 GMT
Any points on the same.

- Rishabh
----- Reply message -----
From: "Rishabh Agrawal" <rishabh.agrawal@impetus.co.in>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Accessing Metadata of Column Familes
Date: Mon, Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm

I found following issues while working on Cassandra version 1.2, CQL 3 and Thrift protocol
19.35.0.

Case 1:
Using CQL I created a table t1 with columns col1 and col2 with col1 being my primary key.

When I access same data using CLI, I see col1 gets adopted as rowkey and col2 being another
column. Now I have inserted value in another column (col3) in same row using CLI.  Now when
I query same table again from CQL I am unable to find col3.

Case 2:

Using CLI, I have created table t2. Now I added a row key  row1 and two columns (keys)  col1
and col2 with some values in each. When I access t2 from CQL I find following resultset with
three columns:

  key | column1 | value
row1| col1          | val1
row1| col2          | val2

This behavior raises certain questions:

*         What is the reason for such schema anomaly or is this a problem?

*         Which schema should be deemed as correct or consistent?

*         How to access meta data on the same?

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal