cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Keith Wright <kwri...@nanigans.com>
Subject Re: How to store large columns?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:31:07 GMT
This may be helpful:  https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/wiki/Chunked-Object-Store

From: Vegard Berget <post@fantasista.no<mailto:post@fantasista.no>>
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013 8:35 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: How to store large columns?

Hi,

You could split it into multiple columns on the client side:
RowKeyData: Part1: [1mb], Part2: [1mb], Part3: [1mb]...PartN[1mb]

Now you can use multiple get() in parallell to get the files back and then join them back
to one file.

I _think_ maybe the new CQL3-protocol does not have the same limitation, but I have never
tried large columns there, so someone with more experience than me will have to confirm this.

.vegard,