cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Multi threads updating single row
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:32:11 GMT
Multiple nodes could be a problem but multiple threads is probably just fine.  If you have
two threads write to the same column, the last one wins though so I hope your timestamps are
unique even across threads so you don't lose data ;).

Dean

From: Jay Svc <jaytechgeek@gmail.com<mailto:jaytechgeek@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:55 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Multi threads updating single row

Happy New Year Everyone..!

In the situation, there are multiple client thread updating or adding new columns in a same
row. These new columns is a time series data.

My Question is - Would multiple threads able to add columns to the same row? Do you see any
performance issues since there is a comparator and has to sort columns as they get added.
Do you see any loss of data or conflict due to mulitple thread updating data? I am expecting
high volumn of data coming on each one of those threads.

Thanks in advance.

Jay