cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CQL3 and clients for new Cluster
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:21:08 GMT
I use both Thrift and CQL.

my bias take is use CQL for select queries and thrift for
insert/update. I like being able to insert exactly the data type I
want for the column name and value. CQL is more user friendly, but it
lacks the flexibility of thrift in terms of using different data types
for column names and values.

the SQL metaphor only goes so far. My bias opinion, you're not getting
the most out of Cassandra if you're only using CQL.