cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "dong.yajun" <dongt...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any way to fetch all data efficiently from a column family?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 05:02:28 GMT
hey List,

I consider a way that can read all data from a column family, the following
is my thoughts:

1. make a snapshot for all nodes at the same time with a special column
family in a cluster,

2. copy these sstables to local disk from cassandra nodes.

3. compact these sstables to a single one,

4. parse the sstable to each rows.

My problem is the step2, assume that the replication factor is 3, then I
need to copy the data size is: (3 * number of bytes for all rows with this
column family), is there any proposals on this?

--
*Rick Dong *