cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force data to a specific node
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:32:19 GMT
There is a crazy, very bad, don't do it way to do this. You can set RF=1
and hack the "LocalPartitioner" (because the local partitioner has been
made not to do this)

Then the node you connect to and write is the node the data will get stored
on.

Its like memcache "do it yourself" style sharding.

Did I say not suggested.

If not "not suggested"