cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Petrov <oleksandr.pet...@gmail.com>
Subject Inserting via thrift interface to column family created with Compound Key via cql3
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:31:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm creating a table via cql3 query like:

CREATE TABLE posts (
  userid text,
  blog_name text,
  entry_title text,
  posted_at text,
  PRIMARY KEY (userid, blog_name)
)

After that i'm trying to insert into same column family via thrift
interface, and i'm getting following exception: Not enough bytes to read
value of component 0

             Cassandra.java:20833
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$batch_mutate_result.read
           TServiceClient.java:78
org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase
               Cassandra.java:964
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_batch_mutate
               Cassandra.java:950
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.batch_mutate

Thrift client doesn't even display that column family when running
describe_keyspace.

I may be missing something, and I realize that CQL3 is way to, but i'm
still oblivious of wether it's even possible to combine cql3 and thrift
things.

--
alex p