cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Cassandra supported Avro data types
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 20:02:11 GMT
>  I am not sure which
> Avro data types Cassandra support
Any mention to avro internally is from a dark time in the past.

Cassandra presents it's own data model, which can be used to store pretty much anything. So
you could serialise the avro types and store them as byte streams if you wanted to.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

On 4/01/2013, at 7:22 AM, Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <>

> Hi all,
> I have started playing around with Cassandra and I am not sure which
> Avro data types Cassandra supports. Is there any type of documentation
> or could anyone please help me on this doubt of mine?
> Thanks!
> Renato M.

View raw message