cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Unavaliable Exception
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:59:55 GMT
More nodes!

On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:21 AM, "Alain RODRIGUEZ" <arodrime@gmail.com<mailto:arodrime@gmail.com>>
wrote:

fwiw, I have a mixed ubuntu 11.10 / 12.04 6 node cluster (AWS m1.xlarge).

The load average is always between 0 and 5 for 11.10 nodes while 12.04 nodes shows all the
time a load between 2 and 20.

I have the same configuration on each node and the average request latency is a few better
on 12.04 nodes (which have the higher load).

htop shows about the same cpu used for any of these nodes so does iostat (same iowait, user,
system...).

I am not sure why this load increase, but I am not sure either that this is a problem.

Alain