cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DE VITO Dominique <dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Force data to a specific node
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:14:35 GMT
Hi Sávio,

There is no definitive response: it depends on your business model ;-)
I just guess here it should be something like the id of some data root.

Take also a look at http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/schema-in-cassandra-1-1 and look for
"partition key", if you want to go through CQL.

De : Sávio Teles [mailto:savio.teles@lupa.inf.ufg.br]
Envoyé : jeudi 3 janvier 2013 14:58
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: Force data to a specific node

Hi Dominique,

I have the same problem! I would like to place an object in a specific node because I'm working
in a spatial application. How should I choose the K1 part to forcing a given object to go
to a node?

2013/1/3 DE VITO Dominique <dominique.devito@thalesgroup.com<mailto:dominique.devito@thalesgroup.com>>
Hi Everton,

AFAIK, the pb is not forcing data to a specific node, but forcing some kind of data locality.

There is things into cql to do it: you define a composite key (K1, K2), and K1 part is used
as a rowkey and K2 is used within column name. So, all rows with same K1 are on the same node.

See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5054

Dominique