cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject How to show unread messages counts?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:37:16 GMT
Happy New Year Everyone!

What's the best way to model "unread messages count" in Cassandra? I have a UserMessage CF
where the row key is the user id and the column name is the message id (timeuuid) and I store
the message and the status (READ/UNREAD) in the value column. I would like to be able to show
the number of unread messages to the user. Currently I'm thinking of having a separate Counter
CF just to keep the number of unread messages in there. Is this a good approach? Is there
a better one?

Thanks,

Drew