cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: JMX CF Beans
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:13:56 GMT
thanks. both of you.

Nicolas

Le 25 janv. 2013 à 19:05, Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
wrote:
> Just a quick question about the attributes exposed via JMX. I have some doc [1] but it
doesn't help about CF beans.

> The "BloomFilterFalseRatio", is that the ratio of found vs missed, or the ratio of false
positive vs the number of tests, or something else ?

> False positives.
>
> You should be aware of this bug, though: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4043
>

> The "ReadCount" and "WriteCount", how do they count regarding the replication factor
? As far as I understand, the read and write on the StorageProxy is the actual number of requests
coming from clients. So judging that the sum on all cf of the read and write is near equal
to the replication factor multiply by the number of read and write on the StorageProxy, I
am guessing that the read and write per cf are the replicas one. Am I right ?

> StorageProxy read/write counts should equal the number of client requests.
> ColumnFamily read/write counts correspond to actual, local data reads, so the sum of
this number across all nodes will be approximately RF * the StorageProxy counts.