cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: BulkOutputFormat
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:11:12 GMT
It was primarily a streaming issue not a Hadoop component issue. Seems very similar to not
be related IMHO

On Jan 17, 2013, at 10:59 AM, "chandra Varahala" <hadoopandcassandra@gmail.com<mailto:hadoopandcassandra@gmail.com>>
wrote:

I am not reducers, just Map only job still same kind issue ?

thanks
chandra

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@barracuda.com<mailto:mkjellman@barracuda.com>>
wrote:

Fixed in 1.2.0

Best,
michael

From: chandra Varahala <hadoopandcassandra@gmail.com<mailto:hadoopandcassandra@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:39 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: BulkOutputFormat

Hello,

I am facing issues with Bulkoutputformat loading data from hadoop to cassandra.

Cluster details :

we have 15 nodes in Hadoop cluster, 2 nodes  in cassandra   - QA and we have
150 hadoop,   10  nodes in Cassandra   production environment

Two  cassandra clusters Random order and Byte order on same machine with different ports.

issues  1

i can load small amount(1G) of  data in random cluster. But more than 1GB throwing below error
:
java.io.IOException: Too many hosts failed: [/172.20.128.48<http://172.20.128.48>, /172.20.128.49<http://172.20.128.49>]
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.BulkRecordWriter.close(BulkRecordWriter.java:243)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.BulkRecordWriter.close(BulkRecordWriter.java:208)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewDirectOutputCollector.close(MapTask.java:540)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:649)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1157)

attempt_201301100944_4262_m_000000_0: Exception in thread "Streaming to /172.20.138.48:1<http://172.20.138.48:1>"
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException

ISSUE -2:

 I  am not able to load  data  in Byte order cluster:

same above error.

Please help.

Chandra