cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DE VITO Dominique <dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Force data to a specific node
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:44:05 GMT
Hi Everton,

AFAIK, the pb is not forcing data to a specific node, but forcing some kind of data locality.

There is things into cql to do it: you define a composite key (K1, K2), and K1 part is used
as a rowkey and K2 is used within column name. So, all rows with same K1 are on the same node.

See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5054

Dominique

De : Everton Lima [mailto:peitin.inutil@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 2 janvier 2013 19:20
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: Force data to a specific node

We need to do this to minimize the network I/O. We have our own load data balance algorithm.
We have some data that is best to process in a local machine.
Is it possible? How?
2013/1/2 Edward Sargisson <Edward.Sargisson@globalrelay.net<mailto:Edward.Sargisson@globalrelay.net>>
Why would you want to?