cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Wei Zhu <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra pending compaction tasks keeps increasing
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:56:37 GMT
Thanks Aaron and Jim for your reply. The data import is done. We have about 135G on each node
and it's about 28K SStables. For normal operation, we only have about 90 writes per seconds,
but when I ran nodetool compationstats, it remains at 9 and hardly changes. I guess it's just
an estimated number.

When I ran histogram,

Offset      SSTables     Write Latency      Read Latency          Row Size
   Column Count
1               2644                 0                 0
        0          18660057
2               8204                 0                 0
        0           9824270
3              11198                 0                 0
        0           6968475
4               4269                 6                 0
        0           5510745
5                517                29                 0
          0           4595205

You can see about half of the reads result in 3 SSTables. Majority of read latency are under
5ms, only a dozen are over 10ms. We haven't fully turn on reads yet, only 60 reads per second.
We see about 20 read timeout during the past 12 hours. Not a single warning from Cassandra
Log.

Is it normal for Cassandra to timeout some requests? We set rpc timeout to be 1s, it shouldn't
time out any of them?

Thanks.
-Wei