cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: JDBC, Pools and clusters ?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 22:06:07 GMT
If you are feeling adventurous this has connection pooling, it will only work with 1.2 though

I'm not aware of the current best practice for connecting pooling with the older JDBC driver.
I can see some support for pooling in the trunk but it does not appear to be in the (current)
1.1.2 branch.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

2012 anti-pattern presentation, Mathew Dennis writes:
> "Sometimes people try to restrict clients to a single node. This actually takes work,
and causes problems. Don’t do it."
> Now, I note that the JDBC pooled connection class takes a single  node as an argument
creating  a pool of connections to that node.   So, Whats the best way of handling this in
a (web) application ?  Should I create multiple pools to each of the nodes in the cluster
or is there a better best practice.
> Is there an equivalent  to Hector's getKnownPoolHosts for JDBC ?
> Many Thanks
> Andy C
> The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.

View raw message