cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Andras Szerdahelyi <andras.szerdahe...@ignitionone.com>
Subject Re: key cache size in mb = 0 doesn't work?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 05:14:03 GMT
If its the RMI horror ( registry port + actual port ) you are worried about, enabling MX4J
in cassandra-env.sh for the HTTP transport ( http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Monitoring_with_MX4J
) could help although i never used it myself. Or you can just throw in the Jolokia JVM agent
http://www.jolokia.org which will do roughly the same

i'm not aware of the hit rate or any of the other cf/system metrics being exposed over anything
other than JMX, sorry. You can poke around with nodetool on the nodes themselves ( that uses
JMX itself ) to get other metrics, but i have not been able to get cache stats out of nodetool
cfstats. I think it might be because they are no longer on the CF's mbean.

regards,
Andras

On 27 Nov 2012, at 05:22, Yiming Sun <yiming.sun@gmail.com<mailto:yiming.sun@gmail.com>>