cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it bad putting columns with composite or integer name in CF with ByteType comparator & validator ?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:42:28 GMT
Would that do any harm or are there any downsides, if I store columns with
composite names or Integer type names in a column family with bytesType
comparator & validator. I have observed that bytesType comparator would
also sort the integer named columns in similar fashion as done by
IntegerType comparator, so why should I just lock my CF to just store
Integer or composite named columns, would be good if I could just mix
different datatypes in same column family, No !?