cassandra-user mailing list archives

From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Strange delay in query
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:15:55 GMT
On Nov 7, 2012, at 2:12 AM, Chuan-Heng Hsiao <hsiao.chuanheng@gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume you are using cassandra-cli and connecting to some specific node.
>
> You can check the following steps:
>
> 1. Can you still reproduce this issue? (not -> maybe the system/node issue)

Yes. I can reproduce this issue on all 3 nodes. Also, I have a replication factor of 3.

> 2. What's the result when query without limit?

This row has 600k columns. I issued a count, and after some 10s:

[disco@Disco] count NamespaceRevision[3cd88d97-ffde-44ca-8ae9-5336caaebc4e];
609054 columns

> 3. What's the result after doing nodetool repair -pr on that
> particular column family and that node?

I already issued a "nodetool repair" on all nodes, nothing changed. Would your command be
any different?

> btw, there seems to be some minor bug in the 1.1.5 cassandra-cli (but
> not in 1.1.6).

This error also happens on my application that uses pycassa, so I don't think this is the
same bug.

Thanks for the help!

André