May end up with a local 9160 connection if you are using cassandra-cli, cqlsh or hadoop on the node.

 I also observed that local write latency is around 30-40 microsecond, while its takes around .5 miliseconds if the chosen node is not the node responsible for the key for 50K QPS

What CL ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer