cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sridharan Kuppa <sridharan.ku...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: CQL DELETE does not work
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:03:43 GMT
Thank you for the reply.
I am using the CQL 2.0 with Cassandra 1.1.5.  The problem can be seen from cqlsh too.  The
cqlsh commands are below,  If CQL delete is executed with where clause then it works.  Hope
this helps,
BTW, my environment is Windows 7, JDK 1.7, Cassandra 1.1.5, cqlsh using cygwin.
------------------------------------------- cqlsh  -------------------------------------------------------Connected
to Test Cluster at localhost:9160.[cqlsh 2.2.0 | Cassandra 1.1.5 | CQL spec 2.0.0 | Thrift
protocol 19.32.0]Use HELP for help.cqlsh>cqlsh> use demo1;cqlsh:demo1> create table
user (id varchar primary key, fname varchar, lname varchar);cqlsh:demo1> insert into user
(id, fname, lname) values (1, 'john', 'doe');cqlsh:demo1> insert into user (id, fname,
lname) values (2, 'foo', 'bar');cqlsh:demo1> delete from user;Bad Request: Failed parsing
statement: [delete from user;] reason: NullPointerException nullcqlsh:demo1> delete fname,
lname from user;Bad Request: Failed parsing statement: [delete fname, lname from user;] reason:
NullPointerException nullcqlsh:demo1> delete from user where id = 2;cqlsh:demo1>-------------------------------------------
Thanks,-Sridharan