cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Throughput decreases as latency increases with YCSB
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:49:31 GMT
Out of interest can you quantify the throughput reduction ? It looks like less than 10%.
Nice to see it roughly correspond to SEDA throughput :)

> Check how many concurrent real requests you have vs size of thread pools.

Did the change the defaults for the hsha settings below?
How many concurrent connections were running ?
It looks related to payload size, could you run some different sizes ?

# For the Hsha server, the min and max both default to quadruple the number of
# CPU cores.
#
# This configuration is ignored by the async server.
#
# rpc_min_threads: 16
# rpc_max_threads: 2048

Cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 30/10/2012, at 9:10 PM, Terje Marthinussen <tmarthinussen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check how many concurrent real requests you have vs size of thread pools.
>
> Regards,
> Terje
>
> On 30 Oct 2012, at 13:28, Peter Bailis <pbailis@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>> I'm using YCSB on EC2 with one m1.large instance to drive client load
>>
>> To add, I don't believe this is due to YCSB. I've done a fair bit of client-side
profiling and neither client CPU or NIC (or server NIC) are bottlenecks.