cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: hadoop consistency level
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:00:18 GMT
Unless you have Brisk (however as far as I know there was one fork that got it working on 1.0
but nothing for 1.1 and is not being actively maintained by Datastax) or go with CFS (which
comes with DSE) you are not guaranteed all data is on that hadoop node. You can take a look
at the forks if interested here: https://github.com/riptano/brisk/network but I'd personally
be afraid to put my eggs in a basket that is certainly not super supported anymore.

job.getConfiguration().set("cassandra.consistencylevel.read", "QUORUM"); should get you started.

Best,

michael

From: Jean-Nicolas Boulay Desjardins <jnbdzjnbdz@gmail.com<mailto:jnbdzjnbdz@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:49 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: hadoop consistency level

Why don't you look into Brisk:  http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/brisk/about_brisk

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Andrey Ilinykh <ailinykh@gmail.com<mailto:ailinykh@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hello, everybody!
I'm thinking about running hadoop jobs on the top of the cassandra
cluster. My understanding is - hadoop jobs read data from local nodes
only. Does it mean the consistency level is always ONE?

Thank you,
  Andrey

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks
solutions.
Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook