cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Upgrading hardware on a node in a cluster
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:23:05 GMT
Well, you could use amazon VPC in which case you DO pick the IP yourself ;)….it makes life
a bit easier.

Dean

From: Martin Koch <mak@issuu.com<mailto:mak@issuu.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:29 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Upgrading hardware on a node in a cluster

Hi List

I'd like to migrate my nodes in a cluster to new hardware, moving one node at a time.

I'm running the cluster in Amazon, so I don't get to pick the ip number of each host myself.

I'd like to decommision, say, the node with token 0, and bring that node up on the new hardware
(which will have a new IP number).

Can anyone provide me with a recipe for doing this? I've looked around and read about nodetool
move, which didn't make me much wiser.

Thanks for your help,
/Martin Koch - Issuu - Senior Systems Architect