cassandra-user mailing list archives

From T Akhayo <t.akh...@gmail.com>
Subject Simple data model for 1 simple range query?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 19:00:27 GMT
Good evening,

I have a quite simple data model. Pseudo CQL code:

create table bars(
timeframe int,
date Date,
info1 double,
info2 double,
..
primary key( timeframe, date )
)

My most important query is (which might be the only one actually):
select * from bars where timeframe=X and date>Y and date <Z

I came to this model because i did read in the past (when 0.7 came out) was
very fast at range queries (using a slice method) when the fields were
keys. And now with cql all the nasty details are hidden ( i have not tested
this yet ;-) )

Is it correct that the above model is a good and fast solution for my query?

Kind regards.