cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>
Subject Re: Java 7 support?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:54:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Edward Sargisson
<edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net> wrote:
> The Datastax documentation says that Java 7 is not recommended[1]. However,
> Java 6 is due to EOL in Feb 2013 so what is the reasoning behind that
> comment?

I've asked this approximate question here a few times, with no
official response. The reason I ask is that in addition to Java 7 not
being recommended, in Java 7 OpenJDK becomes the "reference" JVM, and
OpenJDK is also not recommended.

>From other channels, I have conjectured that the current advice on
Java 7 is "it 'works' but is not as extensively tested (and definitely
not as commonly deployed) as Java 6".

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli