cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Loy <ketera...@gmail.com>
Subject find smallest counter
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:28:03 GMT
I have a set of categories. In these categories I want to add groups of
users. If a user does not specify the group they want to join in a
category, I want to add them to the least subscribed group.

So the groups are a super column with CategoryId as key, GroupId as
superColumnName and then columns for the group members.

Then I was planning on having some counters so I could keep track of the
group sizes. I figured I'd have a counter column for the groups. The key
being the CategoryId, then counter columns named by the GroupId. But I
can't figure out how to grab just the smallest group.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

Paul Loy
paul@keteracel.com