cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Timmy Turner <timm.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CQL3: Unknown property 'comparator'?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:31:11 GMT
Thank you! That article helps clear up a lot of my confusion about the
changes between CQL 2 and 3, since I was wondering how to
access/manipulate CompositeType/DynamicCompositeType columns through
CQL.

So does this mean that in CQL 3 an explicit schema is absolutely
mandatory? It's now impossible (within CQL) to add new
(non-primary-key) columns only for individual rows implicitly with
DML-queries (insert/update)?.