cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple counters value after restart
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:31:50 GMT
Hi,

I have an issue with counters, yesterday I had a lot of ununderstandable
reads/sec on one server. I finally restart Cassandra. It didn't solve the
problem so I stopped Cassandra again on that node and restart my ec2
server. This solved the issue (1800 r/s to 100 r/s).

Today I changed my cassandra.yml and restart this same server to apply my
conf.

I just noticed that my homepage (which uses a Cassandra counter and
refreshes every sec) shows me 4 different values. 2 of them repeatedly
(5000 and 4000) and the 2 other some rare times (5500 and 3800)

Only the counters made today and yesterday are concerned.

I performed a repair without success. These data are the heart of our
business so if someone had any clue on it, I would be really grateful...

The sooner the better, I am in production with these random counters.

Alain

INFO:

My environnement is 2 nodes (EC2 large), RF 2, CL.ONE (R & W), Random
Partitioner.

xxx.xxx.xxx.241    eu-west     1b          Up     Normal  151.95 GB
50.00%              0
xxx.xxx.xxx.109    eu-west     1b          Up     Normal  117.71 GB
50.00%              85070591730234615865843651857942052864

Here is my conf: http://pastebin.com/5cMuBKDt