cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rene Kochen <rene.koc...@schange.com>
Subject UnreachableNodes
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:45:28 GMT
I have a four node EC2 cluster.

Three machines show via nodetool ring that all machines are UP.
One machine shows via nodetool ring that one machine is DOWN.

If I take a closer to the machine reporting the other machine as down, I
see the following:

- StorageService.UnreachableNodes = 10.49.9.109
- FailureDetector.SimpleStates: 10.49.9.109 = UP

So gossip is fine. Actually the whole 10.49.9.109 machine is fine. I see in
the logging that there is communication between 10.49.9.109 and the machine
reporting it as down.

How or when is a node removed from the UnreachableNodes list and reported
as UP again via nodetool ring?

I use Cassandra 1.0.11

Thanks!

Rene