cassandra-user mailing list archives

From John Sanda <>
Subject Re: schema change management tools
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 01:42:01 GMT
For the project I work on and for previous projects as well that support
multiple upgrade paths, this kind of tooling is a necessity. And I would
prefer to avoid duplicating effort if there is already something out there.
If not though, I will be sure to post back to the list with whatever I wind
up doing.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Jonathan Haddad <> wrote:

> Not that I know of.  I've always been really strict about dumping my
> schemas (to start) and keeping my changes in migration files.  I don't do a
> ton of schema changes so I haven't had a need to really automate it.
> Even with MySQL I never bothered.
> Jon
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM, John Sanda <> wrote:
>> I have been looking to see if there are any schema change management
>> tools for Cassandra. I have not come across any so far. I figured I would
>> check to see if anyone can point me to something before I start trying to
>> implement something on my own. I have used liquibase (
>> for relational databases. Earlier today I
>> tried using it with the cassandra-jdbc driver, but ran into some exceptions
>> due to the SQL generated. I am not looking specifically for something
>> CQL-based. Something that uses the Thrift API via CLI scripts for example
>> would work as well.
>> Thanks
>> - John
> --