cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Remove node from cluster and have it run as a single node cluster by itself
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:33:43 GMT
> The other nodes may be trying to connect to it - it may be listed as a
> seed node on the other machines?
The other nodes will be looking for it.

Change the Cluster Name in the yaml file.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 30/09/2012, at 12:04 AM, Tim Wintle <timwintle@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 18:53 +0000, Xu, Zaili wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an existing Cassandra Cluster. I removed a node from the cluster. Then I decommissioned
the removed node, stopped it,  updated its config so that it only has itself as the seed and
in the cassandra-topology.properties file, even deleted the data, commitlog, and saved_caches.
But as soon as I start it backup it is able to join back to the cluster.  How does this node
know the information of the existing cluster and was able to join it ?