cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: how to implement a client with off-heap memory
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 07:30:10 GMT
The thrift client is just auto generated code, if you really wanted to you may be able to change
/ override it to modify the SerDe when it pulls things off the wire.

Not sure if this does what you are looking for

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 29/10/2012, at 4:59 PM, Manu Zhang <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've been writing a client on Cassandra Thrift API. The client will read almost 1G of
data into JVM heap and thus its performance suffers from GC operations.
> To reduce latency, I'm currently thinking about implementing an off-heap memory (just
like that of RowCache) to hold data and manage it myself.
> The problem is that with Thrift API I read all the data as "List<KeySlice>" directly
into heap.
> Is there a work around? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.
> Thanks!

View raw message