cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Koblas <da...@koblas.com>
Subject Repair Failing due to bad network
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:09:22 GMT
I'm trying to bring up a new Datacenter - while I probably could have
brought things up in another way I've now got a DC that has a ready
Cassandra with keys allocated.  The problem is that I cannot get a
repair to complete due since it appears that some part of my network
decides to restart all connections twice a day (6am and 2pm - ok 5
minutes before).

So when I start a repair job, it usually get's a ways into things before
one of the nodes goes DOWN, then back up.  What I don't see is the
repair restarting, it just stops.

Is there a workaround for this case, or is there something else I could
be doing?

--david