cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Query over secondary indexes
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:51:02 GMT
> get User where user_name = 'Vivek', it is taking ages to retrieve that data. Is there
anything i am doing wrong?

How long is ages and how many nodes do you have?
Are there any errors in server logs ?

When you do a get by secondary index at a CL higher than ONE ever RFth node is involved.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/10/2012, at 10:20 PM, Vivek Mishra <mishra.vivs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rishabh. But i want to search over duplicate columns only.
>
> -Vivek
>
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agrawal@impetus.co.in>
wrote:
> Try making user_name a primary key in combination with some other unique column and see
if results are improving.

> -Rishabh

is having around 0.1 million records only and user_name is duplicated  across all rows.

> Now when i am trying to retrieve it as:
>
> get User where user_name = 'Vivek', it is taking ages to retrieve that data. Is there
anything i am doing wrong?

> Also, i tried get_indexed_slices via Thrift API by setting  IndexClause.setCount(1),
still  no luck, it got hang and not even returning a single result. I believe 0.1 million
is not a huge amount of data.

> Cassandra version : 1.1.2
>
> Any idea?
>

> -Vivek
>

> Impetus Ranked in the Top 50 India’s Best Companies to Work For 2012.
>
> Impetus webcast ‘Designing a Test Automation Framework for Multi-vendor Interoperable
Systems’ available at http://lf1.me/0E/.

interception or interference.