cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Ryabin, Thomas" <Thomas.Rya...@McKesson.com>
Subject RE: DELETE query failing in CQL 3.0
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:45:05 GMT
I figured out the problem. The DELETE query only works if the column used in the WHERE clause
is also the first column used to define the PRIMARY KEY.

-Thomas

From: wang liang [mailto:wlahhn@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 1:31 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: DELETE query failing in CQL 3.0

It is better to provide table definition. I guess the reason is below statement.
" a table must define at least one column that is not part of the PRIMARY KEY as a row exists
in Cassandra only if it contains at least one value for one such column "
Please check this document here<http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL.html#createKeyspaceStmt>.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>