cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: UnreachableNodes
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:30:30 GMT
You can double check the node reporting 9.109 as down can telnet to port 7000 on 9.109.

Then I would restart 9.109 with -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false added as a JVM param in
cassandra-env.sh.

If is still shows as down can you post the output from nodetool gossipinfo from 9.109 and
the node that sees 9.109 as down.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/10/2012, at 8:45 PM, Rene Kochen <rene.kochen@schange.com> wrote:

> I have a four node EC2 cluster.
>
> Three machines show via nodetool ring that all machines are UP.
> One machine shows via nodetool ring that one machine is DOWN.
>
> If I take a closer to the machine reporting the other machine as down, I see the following:
>
> - StorageService.UnreachableNodes = 10.49.9.109
> - FailureDetector.SimpleStates: 10.49.9.109 = UP
>
> So gossip is fine. Actually the whole 10.49.9.109 machine is fine. I see in the logging
that there is communication between 10.49.9.109 and the machine reporting it as down.