cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: How to stop streaming
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:32:18 GMT
I assume you have resolved this but if someone else is looking…

You can stop a validation compaction with nodetool stop

AFAIk the only way to stop streaming is to restart the node.

You can also use nodetool setstreamthroughput to reduce the streaming throughput.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 29/09/2012, at 4:02 PM, Senthilvel Rangaswamy <> wrote:

> Hello,
> We started a repair on one of our nodes without the -pr option. That started a series
> of repair on all ranges and we see a ton of streaming activity between lot of nodes in
> the cluster. This is putting enormous strain on the cluster. How can I stop all the streaming.
> The original repair is already over.
> --
> ..Senthil
> "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
>  caught and shot now."
>                                                     - Douglas Adams.

View raw message