cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nick Morizio <nmori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue removing rows
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 01:34:15 GMT
Thanks,  I will check into that!

________________________________
 From: B. Todd Burruss <btoddb@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Nick Morizio <nmorizio@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Issue removing rows

i have used StorageProxy and was forgetting to rewind (or otherwise
setup my ByteBuffer properly) and was getting, i believe, the same
error.

check your ByteBuffers

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Nick Morizio <nmorizio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before:
>
> We are running Cassandra 1.1.5 on linux, latest Oracle JDK 6.
>

> Starting with a fresh, empty cassandra on a new ring (~7 nodes), we create our keyspace
and insert a row.  We then try to remove that row, at which point the operation fails and
times out. We can keep inserting new rows, but this failure occurs as soon as we try to remove
one.

> The specific error we are getting is an exception in MutationStage, caused by an IllegalArgumentException
to Buffer.limit() while trying to perform the mutate.  This same error occurs on any node
where we try this test.

> The commit logs are created, but as far as I can tell no data is ever written to the
keyspace dir.

> We are using StorageProxy directly, but in this case it is pretty much a copy/paste from
what the thrift server is doing.

> This code has been working without issue on other servers, but for some reason it is
not working on a new set of servers and I'm at a loss trying to diagnose.