cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: question about where clause of CQL update statement
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:38:19 GMT
What is the CF schema ?

>  Is it not possible to include a column in both the set clause and in the where clause?
And if it is not possible, how come?

Not sure.

Looks like you are looking for a conditional update here. You know the row is at ID 1 and
you only want to update if locked = 'false' ?

Not sure that's supported. But I'm not sure this is the right sort of error.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/10/2012, at 11:30 AM, John Sanda <john.sanda@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using CQL 3 and trying to execute the following,
>
> UPDATE CHANGELOGLOCK SET LOCKED = 'true', LOCKEDBY = '10.11.8.242 (10.11.8.242)', LOCKGRANTED
= '2012-10-05 16:58:01' WHERE ID = 1 AND LOCKED = 'false';

> It gives me the error, Bad Request: PRIMARY KEY part locked found in SET part. The primary
key consists only of the ID column, but I do have a secondary index on the locked column.