cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jason Harvey <>
Subject Re: Cannot bootstrap new nodes in 1.0.11 ring - schema issue
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:51:27 GMT
I attempted to manually load the Schema sstables onto the new node and
bootstrap it. Unfortunately when doing so, the new node believed it was
already bootstrapped, and just joined the ring with zero data.

To fix (read: hack) that, I removed the following logic from

        if (DatabaseDescriptor.isAutoBootstrap()
            && !(SystemTable.isBootstrapped()
                 || !Schema.instance.getNonSystemTables().isEmpty()))

I replaced everything after the && with just !SystemTable.isBootstrapped().
No idea why that logic was failing, as I had zero non-system tables.

Of course, while this technically works, I'd rather not use a hacked build
every time I need to bootstrap :/