cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Composite row keys with SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter for Cassandra 1.0?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 05:15:05 GMT
I think you want the o.a.c.db.marshal.TypeParser.

You can pass a CLI format composite type to the parse() func.

It's in 1.0X

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/09/2012, at 6:44 AM, Jeff Schmidt <jas@535consulting.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm using DataStax Enterprise 2.1, which is based on Cassandra 1.0.10 from what I can
tell.  For my project, I perform a content build that generates a number of SSTables using
SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter. These are loaded using either JMX or sstableloader depending
on the environment.

> I want to introduce a composite row key into some of the generated SSTables.  Also, I
will be referring to these keys by using composite column names.

> I can define the desired composite time and provide it to the SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter
constructor:

> 		List<AbstractType<?>> compositeList = new ArrayList<AbstractType<?>>();
> 		compositeList.add(UTF8Type.instance)
> 		compositeList.add(UTF8Type.instance)
> 		compositeUtf8Utf8Type = CompositeType.getInstance(compositeList)
>
> 		articleWriter = new SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter(
> 			cassandraOutputDir,
> 			"IngenuityContent",
> 			"Articles",
> 			compositeUtf8Utf8Type,
> 			null,
> 			64)
>
> I then figured I could use compositeUtf8Utf8Type when creating composite row keys and
column names of the kind I require.  Cassandra 1.1.x introduces the CompositeType.Builder
class for creating actual composite values, but that's not available to me.  I've also  seen
examples of using Hector's Composite to create composite values.

> But, I need to create these values using the various classes within Cassandra 1.0 itself
to work with SSTableSimpleUnsortedWriter. For that, I'm not finding any examples on how one
does that.

> As far as I can tell, composite columns at least have been around since Cassandra 0.8.x?
 Is there the support I need in Cassandra 1.0.x?