cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:34:54 GMT
 1.  Can playOrm be listed on cassandra's list of ORMs?  It supports a JQL/HQL query on a trillion
rows in under 100ms (partitioning is the trick so you can JQL a partition)
 2.  Many applications have a common indexing problem and I was wondering if cassandra has
or could have any support for this in the future….

When using wide row indexes, you frequently have <indexedValue>.<primaryKey> as
the composite key.  This means when you have your object like so in the database

Activity {
   pk: 65
   name: bill
}

And then two servers want to save it as

Activity {
   pk:65
   name:tim
}
Activity {
   pk:65
   name:mike
}

Each server will remove <bill><65> and BOTH servers will add <tim><65>
AND <mike><65> BUT one of them will really be a lie!!!!!  I was wondering if cassandra
has or will ever support eventual constancy where it keeps both the REMOVE AND the ADD together
such until it is on all 3 replicated nodes and in resolving the consistency would end up with
an index that only has the very last one in the index.

Thanks,
Dean