cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Baskar Sikkayan <>
Subject Project Management
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:37:44 GMT
  Just wanted to learn Cassandra and trying to convert RDBMS design to
Considered my app is being deployed in multiple Data centers.

*DB Design :

           A) CF : USER
                  1) email_id - primary key
                  2) fullname
                  3) organization - ( I didnt create a separate table for
organization )

           B) CF : ORG_USER

                 1) organization - Primary Key
                 2) email_id

                 Here, my intention is to get users belong to an
                 Here, I can make the organization in the user table as
secondary index, but heard that, this may hit the performance.
                 Could you please clarify me which is the better approach?

View raw message