cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Arya Goudarzi <gouda...@gmail.com>
Subject Secondary Index Limitation / DOes it exist in Cassandra 1.1.2
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:44:49 GMT
Hi All,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I know that secondary indexes are stored
to local column families on each node. Previously where the default
cache key value was 200,000 rows, and you couldn't really tune the
local index column family, that posed a limitation on low cardinality
of the possible values of the secondary index column. However, in
Cassandra 1.1.2, I don't see the option of tuning cache per row count
any more and it is solely memory based. I wonder if this eliminates he
previous limitations with secondary indexes.

Please advice.

Cheers,
-Arya