cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nick Bailey <n...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Understanding UnavailableException
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:49:29 GMT
> Last time I checked, this was not true for batch writes. The row
> mutations were started sequentially (ie, for each mutation check
> availability, then kick off an aynchronous write), so it was possible
> for the first to succeed, and the second to fail with an
> UnavailableException.

Thats a good point, thanks for bringing that up. It is still the case
that if a batch mutate fails you don't know which rows could have
succeeded and which row caused the failure. It is generally good
advice to optimize your application in other areas
(threadpools/concurrency) before attempting to optimize with batches.