cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Morris <michael.m.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair uses insane amount of disk space
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 01:35:51 GMT
Thanks everyone, for the pointers.  I've found an opportunity to simplify
the setup, still 2 DCs and 3 rack setup (RF = 1 for DC with 1 rack, and RF
= 2 for DC with 2 racks), but now each rack contains 9 nodes with even
token distribution.

Once I got the new topology in place, I ran multiple repairs (serially) on
a single node to see if I could get the merkel trees to sync up with the
other nodes in that range.  I knew the 1st time, and even expected the 2nd
run, would be a bit out of sync.  What surprised me was that on the 3rd
repair run, there were still over 600 ranges out of sync for 1 CF, and over
1000 ranges out of sync for another CF.  To me, this isn't a big deal
(unless someone more knowledgeable about these things thinks it is), but
the repair process isn't using nearly as much space while it's doing its
work.

Mime
View raw message